Background

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

December Photo Project Dec 7th

Not much to blog here...just wanted to do my daily post for the photo project. Poor baby was IRRITABLE today (not her usual self....thanks to the tooth that is trying to come in.) We have 6 teeth, and I think another is soon approaching.....only because she started grinding her teeth last night. Might I say, it is like nails on a chalk board. So, because she didn't feel good, I only snapped one photo today. I was sitting on the floor looking at the computer and she came over to me and put her little head down on my thigh and started humming. Before I knew it, she was out cold.
 Yes, I was still wearing my flannel pjs......and for good a reason! It was freezing outside!!!!!!
 Goodnight!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem for all those SAHM

Song for a Fifth Child

By Ruth Hulburt Hamilton

Mother, O Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
Sew on a button and butter the bread.

Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

Oh, I've grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue,
Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due,
Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo.

The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew
And out in the yard there's a hullabaloo
But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo
Look! Aren't his eyes the most wonderful hue?
Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.

The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
But children grow up as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.