Background

Sunday, December 12, 2010

December Photo Project Dec 12th

Let it Snow!!!! It is Emma Kate's first snow.....of course it didn't stick and it was too cold for me to take her out in it, so I took a picture!

Okay, so you probably can't see the snow flakes. it is so obvious that we don't get much snow around these parts. We get WAY TOO excited about the chance of a chance of flurries. School got out early the other day because there was a small chance of flurries......yes, I am serious. Do not judge us! Okay, judge us. I judge us.

I have the cutest baby in the world. And for the record, I can say that because every mom in the world thinks that their child is the cutest child in the world. SO, my baby is. the. cutest. baby. in. the. world.

Charlie and Emma Kate love boxes and they love each other too! Lil' ham loves to play naked with her towel on her after her bath. She and Charlie played like this for several minutes this morning.


It was cold, obviously, so Emma Kate and I spent the afternoon inside putting up "stuff" that she has outgrown. She was a big help!


And we ended the day, making our "run" around the kitchen/dining area/living room before going to get a bath and bed. We have a huge problem keeping her socks on her feet......note to self, teach her that socks stay on her feet and not in her mouth. Silly girl!


Stay warm tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem for all those SAHM

Song for a Fifth Child

By Ruth Hulburt Hamilton

Mother, O Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
Sew on a button and butter the bread.

Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

Oh, I've grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue,
Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due,
Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo.

The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew
And out in the yard there's a hullabaloo
But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo
Look! Aren't his eyes the most wonderful hue?
Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.

The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
But children grow up as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.