Background

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December Photo Project Dec 21st

Little booger had one of those rare days when she was tired but refused to sleep and all she wanted was to be in my lap. Therefore, I did not accomplish anything but snapping a few photos of her hamming it up for the camera.

It was fun taking pictures with her on the hearth until she started climbing around too much and then it was no longer fun for me and she got mad because she couldn't do what she wanted.



I wish I knew how to post a video.......Emma Kate said her 4th word tonight....Bye Bye Bye. We had Auntie LeeLee on speaker talking to her while we had supper. When it was time for us to say bye, I told Emma Kate to say bye bye and she, being the brilliant child that she is, starting waving to the phone. Then out of the blue, she starting saying bye bye bye while simultaneously waiving her hand. It was the cutest thing ever, and if I was capable of putting a video on the blog, then I could share with you just how smart she is.

Of course after supper, she once again did what she always does............open the tupperware cabinet and pull everything out and then proceed to stand in the dishwasher and splash in the water that drains off the clean dishes.


Only 4 more days until Emma Kate's first Christmas!!!! I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem for all those SAHM

Song for a Fifth Child

By Ruth Hulburt Hamilton

Mother, O Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
Sew on a button and butter the bread.

Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

Oh, I've grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue,
Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due,
Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo.

The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew
And out in the yard there's a hullabaloo
But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo
Look! Aren't his eyes the most wonderful hue?
Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.

The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
But children grow up as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.