Background

Monday, August 16, 2010

Time Flies When Your Busy Having Fun!


Well, I looked up and realized that it has been forever and a day since my last post! Between the dirty diapers, feeding, beating summer heat, visiting family, starting my own business, and 6 month check-up/shots, let's just say it has been crazy!

So our sweet baby girl turned 6 months old this month (Aug 5th to be exact)!
 Of course with the 6 month birthday comes the horrible 6 month shots! i have to brag a lot and say that my baby is the best when it come to shots! She cried for about 5 seconds after the 3rd and finally shot was stuck in her, then looked up at me (while I was hugging and soothing her) through those big crocodile tears and smiled at me. There is nothing better than the sweet smiles of a precious baby. The shots must have tuckered her out, because my husband and I were barely out of the parking lot before Emma Kate was out cold!

While our precious little girl slept, we went shopping for supplies for my new business venture. Yes, I know the question comes up, how are you going to juggle a new business adventure on top of house, new baby, previous business (CEO Moms), and doing some part-time at home work with my pre-pregnancy job? I wonder myself!

I have really become domesticated over the past week. I have made and frozen 3 months worth of baby food and I have been busy getting items ready for my new etsy shop. I have decided to make some baby items and start my own business. Making the items with Emma Kate on my lap is easier than coming up with a name for my business!!!! Emma Kate's first bite of carrots did not go over too well........

The task of making some diaper wipe covers, however turned out good.......


This is just some of what I have been doing, trying to get ready to open my shop.

Well, I have taken all day to write this choppy post. Too many interruptions and distractions. I am going to end this rambling post after 6 hours of trying to finish it. I guess it is safe to say that "time flies when you are busy having fun"! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem for all those SAHM

Song for a Fifth Child

By Ruth Hulburt Hamilton

Mother, O Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
Sew on a button and butter the bread.

Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

Oh, I've grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue,
Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due,
Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo.

The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew
And out in the yard there's a hullabaloo
But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo
Look! Aren't his eyes the most wonderful hue?
Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.

The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
But children grow up as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.