Background

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Creating a New Normal | Efficient Homemade Baby Food

It has been awhile since my last blog. I am trying to adjust to the blogging world, juggle my home businesses I am working on, and the day to day tasks. Well, today my sweet baby girl is 6 months old! I am sad that she is growing up so fast, yet excited about the future. So, this day is definitely bittersweet. I realized that after her 6 month check-up next week, I will be starting her on baby food. For the past 2 months, Emma Kate has been eating rice cereal a couple times a day. I am one of those parents that tastes/eats everything that is going into my child's mouth (besides the milk), so I have had Mylicon, Tylenol, and rice cereal. my siblings and I were raised eating lots of vegetables and meats. We were not picky eaters, so I knew that I always wanted my child not to be picky, but rather a lover of vegetables and fruits. I have heard kids in the grocery store yelling at the moms that they don't like those vegetables, and how they want all this junk food. I cringe! No wonder Mississippi ranked #1 in obesity! Because of my love for vegetables and fruits, and the fact I have no desire to taste processed baby food, I began looking into making my own baby food.
After all of this rambling, I just wanted to share with you an awesome link that I found through a friends facebook page. I cannot wait to start making Emma Kate's baby food next week, after we get the go ahead from the doctor.
Check out the following blog and see for yourself how easy it seems to make your own baby food, and just how healthy it will be for your little ones.

Healthy Eating to all my Followers!

Creating a New Normal | Efficient Homemade Baby Food

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog and have decide to pass this blog award to you! Congrats!!

    follow the link: http://www.amomfromtheburbs.com/2010/08/my-first-blog-award-versatile-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for linking to my blog! Best wishes on your baby food making journey!

    ReplyDelete

Poem for all those SAHM

Song for a Fifth Child

By Ruth Hulburt Hamilton

Mother, O Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
Sew on a button and butter the bread.

Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

Oh, I've grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue,
Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due,
Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo.

The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew
And out in the yard there's a hullabaloo
But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo
Look! Aren't his eyes the most wonderful hue?
Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.

The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
But children grow up as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.